TY TABOR - MOONFLOWER LANE (COLOR VINYL)
Pre-Orders for this release starts on Oct. 22 @ 8am
(On Sale Through Oct. 27)
- 1998 Debut solo project by Ty Tabor (King's X guitarist)
- Featuring Ben Huggins (vocals), Alan Doss (drums), Wally Farkas, and Monty Colvin of the Galactic Cowboys
- Featuring Frank Hart of Atomic Opera
- Expertly remastered by Bombworks Sound / Rob Colwell
- Featuring the extra Japan-only bonus track, "Had to Move"
- Vinyl comes with 12x12 insert featuring lyrics and rare band photos
- Vinyl comes in two varieties - Black & Random Color (buy both!)
- Limited to just 400 units world-wide (200 Black / 200 Random Color)
Moonflower Lane is guitarist Ty Tabor's second solo album outside his full-time band, King's X. By making quite a name for himself in hard rock/heavy metal circles over the years, many would expect a full-on metal-guitar-shredding release, but Tabor has always emphasized the importance of melody and songwriting over carefree guitar wanking. Since Tabor handles all the album's singing himself, Moonflower Lane has more of a strong Beatles flavor than your average King's X release (Tabor's voice is similar to John Lennon's at times). Highlights include the hopeful opener "I Do," and the melodic hard rock of "The Island Sea," as well as "I Know Everything" (on which Ty's son plays French horn!), "The Truth," and "Her Palace." Moonflower Lane is full of first-rate Tabor compositions that longtime fans have loved and cherished since it’s release in 1998! First time ever on vinyl – and limited to just 400 units – get it while you can in either black or random color! The vinyl comes with a 12x12 insert and the Japan-only bonus track, "Had to Move," which could be the best song ever left off an album. Glad we can correct that wrong!